Problem solving, innovation, and entrepreneurship
- Welcome to Problem solving, innovation, and entrepreneurship.
- This course is designed to help you develop your thinking and planning skills.
- You will spend most of your time in class working with other students.
- This is not a lecture class.
- You will choose a problem or issue that you want to "fix".
- You will then deeply research your issue or problem.
- After you understand your issue or problem, you will create a business plan or action plan that solves the problem or issue.
- You will be making 4 presentations about your plan.
- You are expected to learn how to effectively use a variety of apps such as:
- The class will be challenging, very challenging.
What is innovation and entrepreneurship?
- Brief introduction.
- Learning to be clear.
- Paper airplane exercise.
- Questions and paperwork.
Introduction to creative thinking and problem solving._
Framing a problem and asking the right questions.
###Week 4 Introducing your problem/issue to the class.
Understanding business/action plans.
Different kinds of business/action plan.
Developing a first draft of a business/action plan.
Presenting your first draft of a business/action plan (midterm presentation).
Methods and systems for assessing goals and objectives.
Understanding features and benefits.
Explaining and describing benefits.
What is a minimally viable product and why does it matter?
Different approaches to developing a minimally viable product.
Presenting your final business/action plan round 1 (final presentation).
Presenting your final business/action plan round 2 (final presentation).